Proposals & Voting
Discussions and Proposals are the backbones of the DAO Governance
Our main place for discussing and voting on important decisions is Discourse. Every Grape member can and is encouraged to take part in improving our community by actively discussing, evaluating proposals, and - if possible - voting on them.
All members can follow the decision-making process of the Grape DAO, but only DAO members can actively take part in votes. They can see all posts and are able to vote on proposals concerning the Grape DAO and their respective subDAO. If you’d like to discuss an interesting idea regarding Grape, head over to Discourse. If you’d like to make a proposal, speak directly to your subDAO.
Voting is the most profound way of participation in the DAO. So vote!
- 1.The default duration required for a voting period on a proposal to reach completion is 1 week.
- 2.The duration of the vote can be extended by the author. This needs to be done before the first vote is cast.
- 3.The voting period of Non-Funding proposals can be expedited to 3 days.
- 4.A vote is considered viable when at least 10 people voted on it.
- 5.Every DAO member has 1 vote per ballot.
- 6.Each abstention is counting towards the threshold.
- 7.A vote is considered passed when there are more votes for one option than for any other (except abstentions).
- 8.A tie is considered a rejection.
- 9.If not already done, voting against a proposal should be followed by giving a short reason.